Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wedding Music

I love weddings!  I think we've established that already.  I love knowing when someone's planning their wedding, love the shower and getting close to "their day" and then attending.  I wonder what does her dress look like, what will her bridesmaids wear and what will the mothers wear, what is her color scheme, what music will they have?  It all makes me remember my wedding, too - and what a happy celebration that was!  Marrying my best friend with all my family and friends around me - I'm smiling now thinking about it.  Yesterday I hear "Wedding Music" on EnLighten, the gospel radio station I love and the words got me thinking about another wedding I'm going to - and will be a part of - way more exciting than the ceremony I had almost 28 years ago.  This one will be located in Heaven and I will be the bride again.  Dream with me a little....

Is that wedding music I hear?
The bride's adorned and ready to appear.
There's heavenly preparation for the wedding celebration.
Is that wedding music I hear?


The family is preparing for a wedding. All have been invited to attend.
The bride is standing ready, waiting for the signal
When the groom says, my children come on in.


Soon we'll rise to leave this land of sorrow for that ceremony in the air.
The Father then will lead us thru the Holy Land of splendor.
Have you made your preparation to go there?
I had beautiful music on my wedding day: organ played, best friend sang, traditional wedding march in and out - but on that day, talk about a trumpet solo!  Trumpet voluntaire will not begin to rival that trumpet call!

I was determined to wear my mother's dress, and I did.  It was Wedding Dress of the Year 1957 and it was beautiful!  But on "that day" I will be clothed in white because of what Jesus did and who He is - and it will be WAY more gorgeous than any wedding dress we could manufacture.

Flowers - can you say Garden of Eden?  If God prepared that for earth, imagine what He will have ready for His Son's wedding!  Food - I only wanted wedding cake, mints and punch.  We'll be attending the Marriage Supper of the Lamb after this wedding!

I close with this thought: long ago my pastor, Dr. W.A. "Brother Billy" Smith told of a wedding he officiated for a groom whose best friend and best man was Elvis Presley.  Brother Billy said that was the only wedding he'd ever been to where all eyes weren't on the bride!  Of course, that day all eyes were on one of the groomsmen, but on THAT DAY in Heaven, all eyes will be on the groom, Jesus!  How marvelous that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment