Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life gets tedious...

I thought of my father-in-law today.  Albert Cardwell - loved him: great man, dad, grandfather, father-in-law, husband, friend, counselor, therapist, pastor, son, brother, uncle. He was gentle with tough love and always had time for...just about anyone and anything.  What made him come to my mind was thinking earlier that sometimes I just don't want to do what I need to do!  (Insert little whining noise)  Not necessarily a hard thing or really an undesirable thing, but just being lazy and not wanting to do (fill in the blank; I know you've felt the same way!).  Heavy sigh (I just had a Mork flashback).  I heard him in my mind as I heard him so many times say, "Life gets tedious!"  He was the epitome of 1 Corinthians 14:40, "let everything be done decently and in good order."  He wanted things to be done right, people to act right, stuff to run right - well now he's in the only place that really happens: Heaven with his Lord and Saviour.  I can't wait to see him again!  Life's not tedious now, is it Albert?

No comments:

Post a Comment