Friday, November 12, 2010

Breast Cancer 3 Day

pretty feet - blister free!
I'm in training - for the October 2011 3 Day Atlanta Breast Cancer Walk!  Yes, you heard/saw right - 3 days, 60 miles for a cure.  I've done it 3 times before and it's the hardest, most rewarding thing I've ever done.  This journey will begin on a Friday morning with an inspirational semi-service after a (large) group warmup/stretch.  Then women (and men) of all ages, sizes, shapes, etc will begin an emotional adventure that will culminate 3 days and 60 miles later with an equally emotional end honoring all walkers/crew/survivors and donors.  I'll be walking 20 miles a day for 3 days with thousands of my closest friends and raising at least $2300 before the walk begins.  Stay tuned for an opportunity to give to the cause!  We'll live in a pink tent city with huge trailers for meals and showers - low on the comfort scale but worth every ache.  The first year I walked with my best friend, Denise, whose long strides afforded us only occasional catch-up times during the walk.  I also didn't know then what I know now about the right fitting shoes, the best socks to wear and trusting what you've trained with - I came home with full feet blisters!  The next 2 years (thanks, RunFit Sports!) were blister free and a lot more pleasant.  I hope you'll consider taking this trip with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment