Monday, November 29, 2010

Yellow Rock Farm

I've been asked where the name came from: Yellow Rock Farm.  Here's the story - Before Paul and I married and for a short time afterward, we square danced!  Great fun and we traveled all over Georgia dancing - until Paul broke his foot - end of dancing.  But during one dance I heard a new call (well, they were all new to me; Paul was the expert) and it was so unique: "yellow rock your partner."  It meant "hug your partner" as "yellow rock" was square dance terminology for "hug".  After the dance that night I told Paul if/when we ever had a place I wanted to name it Yellow Rock Farm.  I think he agreed hoping I'd forget but I never did!  In 1995 we bought 22 acres in Twiggs County that became Yellow Rock Farm!  We love it out here - so peaceful and quiet - and the stars are so bright and the sky so clear - sounds like a song, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment