Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Things I Know...

There are certainly a lot of things I don't know and many sources will "amen" that statement: past grades in school(s), work experiences in the several jobs I've had, my family!  But there are some things I do know: 
     I know Jesus and that God loves me and gave His Son for me so that I can have eternal life and an abundant life here on earth.
     I know that I'm saved.  I made a commitment to Christ when I was 22 - I can take you to the spot where I surrendered my goody-goody life for one that will never be good enough; thank you, Jesus, that I don't have to be good enough because You are.
     I know that my family is saved and we will all be together in Heaven when this life is over.  I am thankful that that is an issue that was settled long ago.  I married a man who loves Jesus first, then me; and our son was wooed by Christ and I saw him follow his Saviour in believer's baptism when he was a teen. 
     I know how to share that message with anyone who is lacking that assurance cause I've been there and I remember how it feels to be unsure.  Ask me; I'll tell you how to know Jesus and to be sure where you're going when this life is over. 
     I know that my family loves me unconditionally and I know that I don't deserve the blessing of that love.
     I know how blessed I am to have said family, good health, great friends, and a job that I love. 
     I know that I am blessed with way more than I need and most of what I want.  I know how good it feels to give, too, so I pray for lots of those opportunities.  
     I know that I am blessed with a beloved extended family - my inlaws and Alan's inlaws.  I love me some Cardwells, Burnams and Devanes!
     I know that one day, Alan and Ashley, I will be a good Grandma!
     I know that I'm not as good a person as my dogs think I am, but I aspire to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment