Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Music Message

The other day I got another message through a song on EnLighten radio station.  It took me awhile to google the lyrics because I don't think I heard all the song at the time.  But the phrase that was the title, "The rock's between the hard place and you" spoke to me and I've remembered it for awhile.  I once heard a pastor say that God never intended us to be "under the circumstances" and I believe He also never means for us to be "between a rock and a hard place."  I'm glad Jesus takes my place there too!  There are lots of references to Jesus being "the rock" in scripture, song, etc, but I think this is my favorite:
THE ROCK’S BETWEEN THE HARD PLACE AND YOU

Diane Wilkinson / performed by The Kingdom Heirs

There on the bed of affliction
Asking God for a miracle
You heard your trusted physician
Say, “You’d better get ready for the funeral”
Then you felt the touch of a Healing Hand
From the God Who can resurrect a lifeless man
Let me tell you what you already knew
The Rock’s between the hard place and you

One day you know you’re gonna surely be
Between the devil and the deep blue sea
If you didn’t have the Lord you wouldn’t know what to do
But there in the middle of the darkest night
You see God move, and everything’s all right
Cause the Rock’s between the hard place and you

There serving God in the bad times
Nobody cares if you sink or swim
Faithful in all of the sad times
You’ll always know you can depend on Him
When everyone thought that you would surely fail
God kept blessing and your faith prevailed
Everything He ever promised you is true
The Rock’s between the hard place and you
The lines before the title in all 3 places really struck me too: "Let me tell you what you already knew," "You see God move and everything's all right," and "Everything He ever promised you is true."  If I could just keep in the front of my mind and heart what I already know, I probly wouldn't have to be reminded so regularly.  But, since I'm a slow retainer - thank you, Father, for giving me reminders of just how You are there for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHarojHgzqw

No comments:

Post a Comment