Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day vol. 2

I am so very thankful that God brought Paul Cardwell into my life to be my husband and the father of my son!  This is in his honor - a tribute to him from me.  Paul, I love you - Happy Father's Day!

The Strength of a Man ©

The strength of a man is not his hands though they may provide his living:
Tender instruments of love through a hug or caress,
Tough from endless hours of pitching.
The strength of a man is not his back though it bears heavy loads:
The weight of his son while wrestling with dad
Or his bride while crossing their threshold.
The strength of a man is not his legs though they carry him down life's roads:
Ever ready to serve the needs of a friend,
Marking trails for his namesake to follow.
The strength of a man is not his mind though his decisions can be life changing:
An eternal choice for Christ, his mate throughout life,
Transferring values with results far-ranging.
The strength of a man is in his heart:
Committed, strong, and true.
Following dreams, realizing goals
Building a future as God leads us through you.

Father's Day 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment