Monday, April 11, 2011

Divine Healing

I believe in miracles.  And I believe they take many forms.  Some come in the form of healing, but not always as we would design.  I know God works many healing miracles through the medical profession and professionals but sometimes His healing comes in the divine form, in that he heals a person by taking them out of this world and straight to Himself.

On April 16, 2005 my mama received divine healing of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) when the medical profession could do nothing else.  She went straight to Heaven and is in God's presence now - free from pain and suffering.  That is not the outcome we'd have preferred; we'd like her to be here strong and energetic and loving.  It's easy to say that we want God's will - and I do! - but through the hurting, it hurts.  God's plan was different and we will know one day the impact her life had on others.  She's probly putting out tomatoes in God's garden!

This weekend a dear friend's son (Beau Slocumb) was also divinely healed of cancer.  He and Alan (my son) grew up together; we all grew up together in church.  This is not the way his family and friends wanted - we want Beau here, vibrant, healthy, racing and enjoying life with his new bride!  But more than that, we want God's perfect will, and want to give Him the glory for the bigger picture that we can not see.  Beau and his family touched a lot of lives and we may never know the Heavenly gain from his short life.

God GAVE us His Son, but He only LOANS us our loved ones.  Hard to keep in mind when we are so intent on having, gaining, keeping, holding - but God is good.  We will spend eternity with our loved ones who are saved and we won't think then to ask why.  He knows we want to know why now, and I can imagine Him whispering, "Just wait a little longer and we'll all be together.  Then you'll know.  But for now, just know I love you and I always want what is best for you - my best."

Jesus, help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment