Monday, April 18, 2011

Sensitive

I've been waiting all day to write this post because God clearly spoke to me.  I need to be more sensitive to the things I'm exposing myself to.  Example: I love going to the theater - especially love musicals.  I had tickets to "A Chorus Line" and went last night.  Should have done some research first - I left before it was half done - and that was an hour longer than I should have stayed.  It was raunchy - to me.  I felt myself being pricked by the Holy Spirit and Him saying to me, "this is not what I want in your mind, your thoughts, your memory."  I paid attention and my friend and I got up and left.  But the Holy Spirit wasn't through with me yet.  He prompted to my mind: TV, books - stuff I like to fill my time with.  "No," He said, "those things need a good cleaning too."  So I mean to pay attention and be more mindful of what goes in my mind.  There are lots of good books out there to choose from - they don't have to be of the wrong sort - or even questionable.  I have devotion books, Christian fiction, clean fiction and others to read.  And I can turn the channel or get up when I don't think what's on TV is edifying.  I am praying that if God gives me this conviction, He will also give me the strength to live it.  Hey, friends out there, check me on this - ask me what I'm reading.  I want it to be something worthy of my time and my mind.  I'm admonished by Scripture in Philippians 2:5 to "let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment