Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding

Today was the day - the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Kate Middleton, now Duchess of Cambridge!  It looked lovely from my vantage point - home watching on TV.  It had all the elements of any wedding PLUS some that only occur at a royal wedding.  I love weddings - anyone's wedding!  I love all the attention to details never thought of before - or after!  I love the talk about it before and especially the pictures after.  I thoroughly enjoyed my own wedding - in fact, as I walked down the aisle I remember looking around and thinking that it was just exactly as I always wanted.  And, believe me, I'd been doing some planning - for a long time!

I didn't attend this wedding, never have attended a royal wedding. But there's one in my future, yours too if you have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior.  We will attend the ultimate wedding - not just the wedding of the century - when we, the Bride, meet Christ, our Bridegroom, at the supreme altar!  It will truly be a wedding made in Heaven!

Talk about the dress!  He will be clothed in robes of white and we will put on immortality!  The designer will be God Almighty and there won't be any knock-offs made to rival it! 

I had a bride's cake, groom's cake, punch, sandwiches and mints at my wedding reception.  But on "that day" we will feast at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb - and no one will leave hungry or thirsty ever again.

Then - and this is the best part - the honeymoon will last for eternity!  We will be His and He will be ours for time and time and time forever. 

The invitations have been extended; hope you've sent in your RSVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment