Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Order of Things

I like order.  I like things to be in order.  I like to be organized.  I am a rule-y person.  I like things in their correct places.  I like to make lists and tick things off.  I've even been known to put something on a list that I've already done so I could mark it off!  I have a neat, organized office; I do not have a spotless house!  I think God likes to change up the order now and then, and I think He wants us to be receptive enough to Him to think outside our little "order of service."  For those of you not Baptist, that's the program for the worship service which can have NO deviation!  Yesterday, I got a new CD (thanks again, Eddie!).  This is a re-make of a recording I used to have on an album and cassette (yes, I'm old!), not available back in the day on CD.  But my friend burned it on a CD for me and now I can listen to some favorite gospel songs again.  But...the order of the songs is different than the way I'd always heard them.  You know what I mean - you know what's coming next and are anticipating the next song before the previous one's chords even finish.  I was walking yesterday when that thought occurred to me.  I was excited to have the music again, but my very next thought was, "now I'll have to learn a new order."  "Yes," God said, "a new order.  Do ya think you could let me do something unpredictable and unexpected in your life sometimes?"  Yes, please, Father - shake me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment