Thursday, March 24, 2011

SoGo

I love Southern Gospel!  I might have mentioned that before, hmmm?  My music choices are (1) John Denver and (2) Southern Gospel.  I love all the nuances of Southern Gospel lyrics: the lines that are a play on words and familiar phrases, the music that stays in my mind all day, and the references to our mighty God and salvation through Christ - always present in each song - also swirling through my mind all day.  That is one way to keep me thinking of Him, praising Him and calling to mind the power of Jesus when I need it.  Pretty smart of God to design that, huh?

Lately I've been singing The Perrys' "This Old Sinner Testifies" and the best lines are:
well He's a mountain mover,
He's a sea walker,
A lily in a desert dry
A rose in the wilderness,
Let me tell you who He is:
This old sinner testifies He is mine.
The best of that is "Let me tell you who He is" and I picture myself giving testimony to who He is.  The song puts emphasis on "who He is" just like you would if you were emphatically telling someone about Jesus.  I love it and it reminds me not only to tell who He is but to tell what He does and thank Him for it.  I saw them sing this in concert and they really do testify through this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUPoUK3ldl4&feature=related
I'm thanking Him for that song and the Perrys right now!  And, of course, for who He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment