Thursday, March 17, 2011

Red Letter

God must like to speak to me through music.  Or maybe I like to listen to music and he uses that vehicle to speak to me because I most always have music on when I'm by myself.  (TV too, but that's for another day!)  This morning coming in to work I heard "Red Letter Day" on the radio; I listen to enLighten, Southern Gospel radio on XM.  God gave me a message and I know I heard these words, but when I went to "google" the lyrics, nothing like what I heard came up.  I heard Him tell me to pay attention to the red letters in His word.  Of course, the words of Jesus in the New Testament are in red in some Bibles, and I have one of those among the Bibles I own.  So, how true is it that God is the author and finisher of our faith?!!!!  He even re-writes songs as they're playing to give me the message I need. 

I commit to studying more of Jesus' words and trying to live by them.  I always did like color-coding my notes.  Thank you, God, for going ahead and highlighting the important parts of the textbook for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment